Thursday, October 27, 2011

Feelings from the heart

Tomorrow my family will go camping. We do this every year on Halloween weekend. Some things are different this year than in years past. We are not going to Gettysburg which is a family favorite. This year we will go to Holiday Park near Denton. This place is a new tradition for us which we enjoy with our much loved extended family. It is funny how neighbors can turn into family that I rely on and treasure.
Last year at this time my life was crazy and sad and busy. Much like this year only worse. This time last year my MOM was in a rehabilitation/ nursing home and my DAD was living with me temporarily. John took him for the weekend so that I could try and escape some reality and spend some quality time with my kids and Joey.
She died and I still spend my time caring for dad and life isn't easier but it is sadder. She died and the family split and I am blamed for things I don't understand. She died and the family fights. She died and I am trying to just do the right thing for dad.
Mom may not have given birth to me but she loved me and she taught me right from wrong and most of all she just loved me and she was proud of me and told me so often.
So tomorrow I will go camping with my family and my dad is with Keith. I will spend some quality time with my kids and Joey. Somehow it will be brighter having my extended family that I love with me. I won't worry about Mom like last year but I will be sad just like everyday because the one person who loved me unconditionally and knew I was a good person is gone and isn't here to defend me against all this nonsense in the family.
Quote of the day: Forgiveness doesn't mean letting people back in your life that have done you wrong. Thanks Courtney McGeady for the inspirational words

4 comments:

  1. You deserve a wonderful weekend. Families are the people that are there for you thru thick and thin, good and bad and are always there when you need them. Blood doesn't always make them REAL FAMILY. Enjoy those little ones and Joey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy your blog are your thoughts and feelings. That's what a blog is. It is not our job to judge each other. God will do this! Kim good comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete