Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Patience is a virtue that I sometimes lack


The kids and I took our annual Halloween camping trip this weekend past. I have a new respect for all those gypsies that live in trailers with their children. It rained and rained and sleeted and a 27 ft trailer with four kids was quite challenging. Actually Saturday may have been the longest day of my life. I think labor felt shorter but we survived it and Halloween night was much better weather luckily.
Some days the kids are more challenging than others. Today Charlotte actually embarrased me at the allergist office. Everytime Aaron gets a shot we have to wait 20 mins to make sure he doesn't get a reaction. Let me just say I haven't seen anyone get a reaction yet. Charlotte was so bad that I think people were watching the clock to see when our 20 minutes was up.
I stopped at the store today to pick up a pair of sunglasses. The days of expensive glasses have passed me by because nothing is safe around little ones. Charlotte broke my 5 dollar old navy glasses so I hit the clearance rack at kohls and bought 2 pairs for under 10 dollars. Good thing because somehow one of my children managed to break a pair before I even took them out of the bag. I pulled them out, tags still on and both arms were broke off. I am assuming the bag got stepped on in the car. I am so glad I decided to go for 2 pairs or I would be pretty mad I think.
Also does anyone else wonder what happens to pencils? I sharpen a new pencil every day for homework and somehow it can never be found the next night. This is a little thing but today it actually made me feel as if my head was going to fly off.  When is bedtime?
Tip of the day: I think handing out candy on Halloween was invented by someone that never had children. The sugar high is killing me!  Throw away a handful a day. Getting rid of it slow will not raise the kids suspician.

No comments:

Post a Comment