Monday, October 24, 2011

Go Ravens! Monday Night Football is celebrated much differently in the Golden house these days. PJs on and ipads and computers going while we are watching the game. No parties or beer drinking. Thank God that Monday night football moved the time back til 8:30 so now I may actually stay awake for the 1st half.
Violet is crawling. This is the stage I like to refer to as "the biggest loser era". A crawling baby makes for good weight loss and exercise for mom! Maybe they should assign each biggest loser contestant a couple of crawlers and maybe throw a toddler in as well and make them take care of them for 90 days. I wonder how the results would stack up? Trust me, I didn't push for crawling but now that it is here it should have some advantages so bring it on!
Along with the crawling stage also brings extreme vacuuming. Everytime I turn around there is a choking hazard on the floor. Mostly other kids toys are laying around or the occasional grape or fruit snack but also leaves, grass, acorn remnants make their way in. I freak out everytime someone walks with their shoes on and then my baby crawls and puts her hands in her mouth. Every public facility is being tracked in so this leads to extreme mopping.
I bought Charlotte a leash. You know the cute stuffed animal backpacks with the leash attached? I never really thought of myself as a leash kind of mom. They are for the moms with too many little ones and not enough hands or control. Oh wait... that is me! I am getting ready to take the kids away for a few weekends without the hubby and would like not to lose my crazy toddler in the crowds. I have decided I don't care what others think of the leash because an amber alert is much worse!
Tip of the day: Forget about the radiation warnings, toddlers are dangerous to cell phones. I bet you there are more insurance claims for phones because of toddlers than water damage. Pretty soon they will be refusing to sell the insurance to people who have kids under 5. Charlotte, "Char break mommy's phone" as she hands it to me with a shattered screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment