Monday, September 26, 2011

Working Mom

There are days that I wish I was a stay at home mom...for about a minute. It is usually early in the morning when I have to get ready for work and don't feel like it. Then all the kids get up and I quickly get ready to get the hell outta there! Part time work is the best of both worlds. It is just enough time for me to get away so that I can be nicer and appreciate my kids when I come home. Besides, I like having money!  Two days a week Joey watches the kids while I work. He acts like this is easy work. I think it could be easy if you remove cooking, cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping. I have to say that he does do laundry occasionally.  When I get home I get the usual" they were still wet so I threw them back in the dryer". The translation for this is "oh shit, she just pulled in so I better run down and throw them in". I just want him to admit that he is frazzled when he is here alone with the kids and maybe I wouldn't pick on the other things he doesn't do!
BTW..Cowboys are playing tonight. It is only the pre game and he has already cursed at the TV. Maybe a glass of wine or 3 so I sleep through his ranting.
Tip of the day: Potty training your child early doesn't mean they will be a child prodigy. It only means that you will be visiting every bathroom in the tri state area that much sooner as you utter " Do you have to go potty?"

No comments:

Post a Comment