Saturday, September 24, 2011

Baseball?

Baseball..America's favorite past time..
Could you imagine if you tailgated at every home baseball game. They play so much that you would need a new liver.
My dad loves baseball. He is here for the weekend and when he is here baseball is on Tv all day.. This is really quite annoying. This may be the only sport that you could actually play after a big mac and a few cold ones. You can even be overweight and close to middle aged and still have a long career ahead of you. BTW, I have never been invited to a world series party. Have you?
Do you remember when everyone played baseball and if you had brothers you spent hours at the field watching a slow moving game? Well Thank God lacrosse became big. Woohoo..at the field for all of an hour. 
No offense too all the baseball lovers out there, I am just not one of them. 
I like football season. Games are only a few days a week and every Sunday you have a reason to party with friends and neighbors. I would love football even more if my hubby wasn't such a nut about his team which happens not to be my team. I like it when the Ravens win but it doesn't ruin my day if they don't. Joey is hard core. If Dallas sucks then he isn't pleasant to be around. I find this RIDICULOUS. Almost as ridiculous as the fact that he lives here and roots for a team in a different time zone but I married him regardless of this so guess I have to put up with it! 
When football season ends I think we try to keep up the momentum and maybe even watch Nascar for a bit. This gets old quick. Garage parties and tailgating are not quite the same when you are just watching cars go in circles really fast. This is when it is time to just wait for summer. There never has to be an excuse to have a party in the summer!
Tip of the Day: Why is it that magically at 6 months of age it is ok to use sunblock and bug spray? I think this means don't take your child under 6 months in the sun or around bugs. Maybe put them in a bubble? I used sunblock and bug spray all summer on Violet and she is just now 6mos. Her skin looks great and she doesn't have west nile..just sayin!

No comments:

Post a Comment