Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lunch duty

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, apparently. Charlotte wrote on herself and my wood floor with a blue sharpie. She did this in the amount of time it took me to take out the trash. WOW this chick is fast!  I had a plan for the day when I woke up. I should know by now that things don't always go as planned or should I say never as planned in the Golden home. I put on a happy face and then I had lunch duty for second grade. Aaron is always so excited when I have lunch duty. At age 7 they are still so happy to see Mom at school. Lunch duty can sometimes be a challenge, kind of like letting all the monkeys loose at the zoo. It is funny how intimidating 30 second graders can be. I always leave with a great respect for the teachers that deal with these kids all day long. It is amazing that they actually are able to teach them anything. Well today I actually had a little girl pull her pants down at lunch. I have done many lunch duties through the years and this was definately a first or maybe I should say a second since she did it twice! I actually ended up punishing this kid after she scratched another child by making her stand by the fence for the rest of recess. AHH, the pleasures of private school. You can discipline any way you see fit! If someone complains the worst thing that can happen is you are banned from lunch duties. Oh, what a shame! All I can say is teachers are very under paid to babysit our offspring. 
 When I woke up I thought my biggest challenge of the day was going to be to pick up all the shit around my house for the cleaning lady. This is a pain but not nearly as much of a hassle as cleaning my house myself! BTW.. the house only stays clean for 5 minutes after she leaves. Someone always spills something or comes in the house with muddy shoes after I told them to take their shoes off about 100 times. Let's not forget that the potty only stays clean for about 3 minutes after she leaves.
Tip of the day: Murphy's law..If there is a clean toilet then someone will need to take a dump! I suggest you rush to be first.

No comments:

Post a Comment