Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Punkin Chunkin

Punkin Chunkin is a crazy fun experience for all ages. I wasn't sure about it at first. Camping in a field with a generator and limited water supply sounded a little scary but I said wtf, I will try. 9 campers and about 12 tents in our party and lots of fun. Great fireworks, awesome fair and lots of loud cannons. "fire in the hole" caught on real quick with Char. Pumpkin hats, custom made shirts and a beer buggy. There was even a diaper changing station with free diapers and special designated kids only porta potties. Good thing because there were long lines and messy porta pots for all the adults. BYOB events make for long pee lines. My kids did a lot of walking and even Char was a trooper.
Earlier this year I started towing my trailer myself. This is a great accomplishment for me. The kids and I were missing out on lots of fun events so it was time. Thanks to my neighbors I can do it now. This time I actually even made stops with the trailer so camping with no hook ups was just another notch on my belt. How cool will it be when my kids grow up and remember that mom towed the trailer. I may be a redneck but am wearing the title proudly. I am just hoping that my kids don't go to school and say they pulled the beer wagon and fetched the balls from beer pong.
This weekend will be the last hoorah for the camping season. It makes me sad but now I have spring to look forward to since nothing can stop me now. This redneck will be towing again and punkin chunkin will be a new tradition! 
Thought of the day: When I eat apple pie while watching the Biggest Loser it makes me feel like I am drinking a beer at an AA meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment