Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chillin on a dirt road

If I could hire someone to help with bedtime every night that would be awesome. It is the worst time of day. Cranky tired kids that don't want to sleep and cranky tired mom who does want to sleep. Forget about any alone time. By the time I get everyone settled I am usually in bed with at least one child that is bucking the system. Joey was home for a few days and I think he believed he could solve the bed hopping issue. He worked very hard the last 2 nights making sure everyone was in their own beds (or at least not in his). Char is refusing the crib, Sadie refuses to sleep alone, Violet is cutting teeth and Aaron is a great sleeper but will not let Sadie sleep with him.
Today Joey went back to work and I am on my own as usual. Sometimes exhaustion just wins so I am pretty sure there will be 2 or more children in our bed when he gets home tonight and he will be carrying them out of the room or sleeping elsewhere. Did I mention how much I despise being a single parent most of the time?
I miss music video nights ( a Golden family thing), I miss talking on the phone, I miss going to the bathroom alone, I miss the adult conversation but I tell you what I don't miss... I don't miss out on anything my kids do and I will never look back and think I did.
Char has a favorite song now. Dirt Road by Jason Aldean. Very funny to hear her sing that one. Her lil voice singing "chillin on a dirt road."
Quote of the day: " Aaron, do I look younger and hotter than Daddy?" Aaron.."Yes, especially with your hair like that." Is he going to be a ladies man or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment