Saturday, February 18, 2012

Marriage

Marriage is for better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and health. 20 couples renewed those vowels at  church tonight after they attended a  marriage retreat today. As I sat there wondering what drew those couples to such an event I was also feeling a little sorry for myself. I was at mass without my husband which is a usual occurance these days. See I got married with those same vowels but I also was hoping for a partner to share evening dinners with and weekends,holidays and trips with the kids.I had that for awhile and then my husband just stopped. He married his job and abandoned us. I was wondering if the marriage retreat handled such problems today as everyone looked so happy as they renewed their vowels. I know God wants us to be thankful for our blessings but I can't help but want dinners, weekends, holidays and family time added to those vowels. At 41 I feel like I will probably spend the better part of the rest of my life alone and my kids with a part time father.
Life is full of bad choices and the worst one ever was to buy into a restaurant. If you ever think you want to just call me and I will change your mind. If your daughter ever comes home with a man who aspires to own a restaurant, send him packing. Worst thing about choices are that not everyone views them the same. Some peoples dreams are other peoples worst nightmare.
My dream is a normal family life. Joey's is a succesful restaurant. Stay tuned to see how this one plays out!

No comments:

Post a Comment