Sunday, June 3, 2012

A long, long time ago

I just found out that I am related to the McCoys.
 People were crazy back then and as I look at my family tree I realize it was not that long ago really. People carried guns and a feud between two families could turn into a civil war. It seems as though you could shoot anyone and as long as they didn't die you could get away with it. I must say that as crazy as the Hatfield and McCoy families were, I am not surprised to find a relation between us and them. Today instead of guns people fight with words.. text messages and emails. Noone has any guts to stand up in person like back then. Not many tell it like it is and the ones that do meet much conviction. I tell it like it is and stand up for my beliefs and take alot of grief for it.
 I am pretty sure if I had lived back then I would either be followed and revered or hung.
 There are a few people that would love to see me hang today but I will keep speaking the truth and staring the lies in the face.
 As I look at my family tree I realize I get my fiery ways honestly and in some ways have also lost many in my own war but I will not give up and justice will prevail in the end.
Styles change, laws change but people seldom change. If it looks like evil and smells like evil then it is probably evil!

No comments:

Post a Comment