Thursday, May 24, 2012

Another milestone

My oldest son, Mitch, had his very last day of highschool today. I wasn't sure how this was going to make me feel. Surprisingly I just felt happy for him and maybe just a little bit older. He was so excited. I don't have the heart to tell him that if he blinks he will be 40 and wonder how it went so fast.
I actually am wondering what milestone one of my kids will hit that will make me feel old and all grown up. Will it be when Mitch graduates college or gets married or when I have my first grandchild. (that might do it). I still feel somewhat young and I am really not always very mature anyway.
One thing is for sure, it is hard to believe that it has been 17 yrs since I gave birth to my oldest and even harder to believe that he is well on his way to be an adult. I never would have ever thought that I would be seeing one off to college as I give birth to another. It was sweet to hear Mitchell ask if he would see his new sister before he left for school. Only time will tell since babies have their own schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment