Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday traditions

I took 6 kids to McDonalds and Lights on the Bay tonight. It sounds as though I am an incredibly thoughtful mom but I really wanted to keep them from destroying my house so I made other arrangements to occupy them. I have began to realize that all the traditions, like viewing lights is really for me, not them. They complain but one day they will do the same to their own children. They were all singing Christmas tunes so I am pretty sure it wasn't that miserable for them.
Kid 1 " Why would anyone kill Jesus? He was a nice guy"
Kid 2 "He wasn't their God"
Kid 3 "Pontius Pilate crucified him"
Kid 2" He didn't want to."
Kids are smarter than we think!
All the craziness of the season makes us forget about Jesus and his birth. I try not to complain but embrace the season. Honestly, Christmas comes whether we are ready or not. Kind of like babies. Think of Mary and her Son. Be thankful that there are presents under your tree.
On a lighter note...All kids ask for live animals for Christmas at least once. I suggest that everyone follow the rule that Santa can't put livestock on his sleigh. Some believable reasons could be..
Puppies might chew up the toys..
Ponies are too heavy...
Kittens might pee on the stuffed animals..
HAMSTERS don't travel well across the world. (Karen, take note!)

No comments:

Post a Comment