Thursday, November 29, 2012

Some things do change

One of the things that has changed for me since our family has grown is that very few people invite us over to thier homes.  Most people play it off that it would be "easier" for me if they came to my house. Sometimes I get tired of having people here but I suppose it is easier for THEM. I think I believe I know why now. On Thanksgiving one of my kids drew on my Uncle's dining room table with permanent magic marker. I did get most of it off. Oh and Violet bit their dog. Unfortunately they don't get the privledge of not inviting me back since I am family but I am now standing behind the others that don't ask us over. You are all correct in your assumption that it is easier for me (I mean you).
Things that have changed but not really:
None of us like to grocery shop..until you have kids and then you like it if you get to go alone. If not, you still hate it.
Getting the oil changed...the perk used to be the vacuum and window washing. Now it is the kind people at Jiffy Lube that let me sit in the car with my kids while they change my oil. Their perk: one less car to vacuum and do the windows.
Going to the doctors...the long wait in the office always sucks but now it is a nice relaxing wait with a book while you have no kids with you.
The only thing I may never get used to is the never ending laundry.
Let's not forget that every time I make plans to do something for me that one of the kids has an event that keeps me too busy for me or someone gets sick. Well this weekend come hell or high water I am going on a pub crawl with grown ups and a hand breast pump. wtf!!

No comments:

Post a Comment