Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Golden Family Kiddie Mobile

I remember when I was young I couldn't wait to start driving and to pick out my first car. I think it is the first thing you get that makes you feel like you are becoming an adult. I was so happy the first time I drove my 1984 Mustang. And like most kids I loved it until... I saw the shiny new cars sitting on the lots up and down Ritchie Hwy  and that's when it all began....
The endless years of car payments and by now I probably couldn't tell you all of the cars that have passed through my life but I can tell you I never had trouble finding one that fit my needs until now.  Once my suburban became a corvette I knew I was in trouble. Weeks of looking for a vehicle bigger than a suburban got many laughs from friends. Years ago big families just bought station wagons and piled in. That was before kids had to ride in car seats until college. Now it is crucial to have enough seats so as to not get arrested for kids sitting on the floor.
I am now the proud owner of the sexiest 12 passenger van in the Dena. I cannot be missed. So now I have plenty of room to drive many kids legally.
 I make sure I park my large intimidating vehicle right next to the jackass ex cop with 1 kid in the sports car at the preschool who called me out for letting my big kids watch my little kids while I walk Char into school. In the church parking lot where everyone has kids of their own and surely don't want mine nor could they even get them all out of the car to steal them by the time I get back! Yep.. I have been parking real close to his little mid life crisis Dodge Charger just to make him nervous..
Sometimes it's the little things...
Thinking I will downsize to a small Suburban in about 7 or 8 yrs!

No comments:

Post a Comment