Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Parenting 101: sportsmanship

Lesson in life given by my husband to Sadie:

"I don't care if you suck but at least try."

Joey told her this about her field hockey skills or lack there of.  I get the point behind it but it is hilarious that he worded it this way.

See Joey is very competetive. He hates to lose! Unfortunately God has given him some non athletic children. Well just so far the kids are not so athletic. I am sure Charlotte may be the one but Sadie is more concerned with her appearance in her uniform. Aaron is actually loving tae kwon do and I think he will be pretty good at soccer this year. However soccer is what my husband calls" fairy ball".
Let's just say that last year it was like he drew the short straw if he had to go to soccer instead of field hockey.

I can hear it now. After every game Joey will offer up some words of encouragement. Such as..You don't even try to get the ball or run harder, run faster or even if you suck you could at least try.

Joey pushed an 8 yr old down just to win a sack race. I know he wishes his kids would make him that proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment